Selling on Etsy. Is Print Aura an Ethical Company?
In working with numerous Etsy sellers as an outside manufacturer, this is something we have been asked from time to time in people’s application process and for the on-site transparency requirements. This should serve as a guide to navigating this issue.
The answer is yes, Print Aura is 100% ethical and upholds the highest standards of integrity within our internal operations as well as in fulfillment on behalf of clients. We inherently must uphold a higher standard of conduct, as we are a branded fulfillment service and are the ones delivering the consumer’s customer experience as our product itself. Other people are relying on us to make their customers happy, so we certainly need to be on point in our delivery of quality, impeccability, and value. And as a result, we stand firmly behind our product and product quality, which in this case is the delivery of a service. A service that can help you scale your operations without having to ever make more shipping trips, having to rent inventory space and buy inventory, or any of the other logistical concerns associated with growing a thriving t-shirt and apparel business. What the cloud does for computing, we do for t-shirt businesses.
That said, beyond the strict adherence to standards of quality with regard to delivery of our service, there are a number of other ways Print Aura is an ethical company, by Etsy’s own definition
- All of our apparel is printed and shipped from the U.S., creating and maintaining U.S. jobs
- Garments are sourced from reputable brands and are manufactured within CPSIA requirements and all the brands have supplied our garment distributors safety and fair labor statements. Included here are links to the brands we use with information on their social responsibility/environmental practices for brands including American Apparel, Gildan, Alternative Apparel, Anvil, Bella/Canvas.
- Our Direct To Garment (DTG) printing technology uses water based, pigmented inks that are naturally sourced and environmentally friendly.
- There is absolutely no child or involuntary labor involved with any aspect of Print Aura
- Our working conditions, from our headquarters to our printing and shipping facilities, are quite pleasing to everyone involved. The working conditions are safe and hospitable, and offer fair wages to those involved.
- We have a zero tolerance policy with regard to discrimination, racism, etc. In fact, one of the rare restrictions we maintain with our clients on printing products relates to not being able to print anything that is racist or discriminatory.
- We are all about sustainability. We are consolidating the logistical process that is essentially the same across many t-shirt and apparel companies and doing it all so that it doesn’t have to be done individually. Think of all the air that was spared from all those repeated, excessive trips to the post office, how we save the time and gas spent carting around inventory, how we eliminate the need for warehouses and storage facilities. We are trying to streamline the process so that more people may engage in it in a net low impact manner.
We hope this illustrates our dedication to the highest standards of ethics and integrity. We also remind you, dear Etsy seller, of the three principles of selling using a manufacturer on Etsy: Authorship, responsibility, and transparency. Authorship is clear as the designs are yours, responsibility is clear as we are a partner you can trust to provide a great customer experience. But transparency is up to you on the front end; ultimately it is you who has to let your customers know how you’re doing what you’re doing.
Print Aura headquarters are in Sacramento but all products are printed and shipped with our trusted partner based in New York.
Print Aura Gives Back
A little more about us. Print Aura founder actively funds international micro finance projects through Kiva as well as teachers and student projects through Donors Choose.
View our Kiva Lending page
View our founders Donors Choose page
View more information about our t-shirt fulfillment app for Etsy.